Tuesday, June 23

Up in the clouds

Happy Tuesday!!

Oh my word, is it hot out! We bought a pool over the weekend and in the process of filling it up. Since the weather is suppose to stay hot and humid for the rest of the week it shouldn't take long for the water to warm up to my swimming temperature. Yes, I am a wimp when it comes to swimming in cooler water. lol! Abbi is so anxious to go swimming that she would jump in the pool as it was filling...Brrrr! She is busy right now blowing up all the pool toys in anticipation of swimming tomorrow afternoon. Don't you just love the excitement kids radiate when they are looking forward to something fun?

The card I am sharing today is made from my stash of scrap paper. I still have a few images of Tilda stamped and colored so am trying to make them up into cards. This one is Tilda with lilacs and is another I bought at 7 kids college fund.

Tilda was stamped with Mementos Tuxedo black ink and colored with copics. I added dazzling diamonds to her bow, wings, and the heart on her pants. I added crystal lacquer to the wings, bottom on the tennis shoes and the laces. The hot air balloon is from Gina K's Eclectic Summer stamp set and is also stamped with Mementos and colored with copics. I outlined the balloon with dazzling diamonds and covered the little basket with crystal lacquer.
I found some dp in my stash that reminded me of a cloudy sky and thought it might look different to have Tilda sitting on a cloud with the hot air balloon floating up behind her. She looked a bit funny sitting on the edge of the cloud so I added some ribbon under neath.
The brocade blue was embossed using a sissix textured plate. I used metallic rub-on paste to accent the embossed butterflies.
I have not decorated the inside of the card yet because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it yet.


Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful rest of your evening!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Your little Tilda is adorable! Thanks for sharing and thanks for visiting my blog.

lisa808 said...

Cute card. You are right, the paper is 'cloud' perfect.

Enjoy your new pool.

Cathy said...

Sharri, This card with Tilda and the Eclectic Summer hot air balloon is darling. Love the coloring. Cute, Cute, Cute!

Tina said...

Awwww how very cute is this!!! LOVE the "cloud"!