Wednesday, December 17

Birthday snowflakes

Good Morning!

My card today is one I made for one of the challenges issued during Gina K's release party. Theresa issued the challenge and it was to make a card using paper embellishments.
I had a hard time keeping with just paper! I wanted to add brads to the center of the snowflakes, ribbon, glitter and other bling. I just might have to make another one of these with the bling...hehehe!
I used Basic Greys Wassail dp which I got as a birthday gift from Jessica. Thank you Jessica! I love it!
It was the matching brads and ribbons that I got with the paper that I was having a hard time staying away from!
I went with a snowflake theme because if I added an actual image that I could color, I would have definitely failed the challenge. LOL!
Sahara Sand and Creamy Carmel are the other two colors used for the card. The stamped snowflakes are from Gina's Funky Christmas set and the sentiment is from her Winter Foliage set. The snowflakes are stamped with Brilliance Moonlight White ink. The sentiment is stamped with Garden Green.
The green dp is the Top Note that was embossed with the snowflake folder. I sanded the top note with Tim Holz's sanding block to bring out the white core of the paper. I cut the top note in half because I just wanted to show a portion of it on the card. The carmel is the Bigz Scallop Envelop embossed with the Swiss Dots folder. I cut this one up also so just the scalloped envelop flap is used. To give the dots a bit more depth, I sponged carmel ink over them and the edges of the cs.
I also used the snowflake embossing folder on the lighter strip of dp and the swiss dots folder on the little green strip of dp at the bottom of the card. Both of these strips were also sanded with the sanding block to bring out some of the white core of the dp.
The paper snowflakes are punch from the lighter dp with an EK Sucess snowflake punch and the center of the snowflake is carmel punched with SU's 1/4 inch circle.

That's pretty much it.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
Sharri

No comments: