Sunday, October 5

Little red Christmas dress

Hi!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.
I finally had a chance to post the card I made for Lee's GKD color challenge. The challenge was to use the colors red, white and a color of your choice. I chose black.
The base of the card is white which you can not see at all in the picture. I used the snow flake embossing folder on textured red paper and then sanded to bring out the white core. The dress is from Retro Boutique and was stamped in versamark and embossed in black embossing powder on white paper and also on patterned paper. I cut out the top and the skirt of the dress and glued it on the dress on the white paper.
The pattern paper has snow flakes on it and I thought it went well with the snow flake embossing folder.
I covered the entire paper the stamped image is on with versamark and embossed with iridencent ice to give it some sparkle. The red gem brads give it a little bling.
I used ribbon to make a pom pom which is tied around the red card stock. I honestly did not think it would be so hard to make since I have made several pom poms out of yarn but with ribbon it took me a couple of tries before I got it to look half way decent...lol!
The first ribbon pom pom ended up in the garbage! I am not sure what I did wrong but I could not get it to look at all like a pom pom. lol!

Thanks for stopping by!

Sharri

No comments: