Tuesday, November 23

Blue Christmas

Good Morning!


After typing the post title, I now have the Elvis song Blue Christmas stuck in my head! lol! Do you now too?


I have another Challenge card for you today. This one is for Wild Orchid Challenges and this week the challenge is to make a Blue Christmas card or project. You can check out the challenge here. Wild Orchid's has the most beautiful paper flowers and the prize for the challenge is a fabulous assortment of these flowers. There is still time to play along if you want to. I used another of my Magnolia stamps for this card. She is called Tilda with Violin. I got this adorable image at the Magnolia-Licious store and if you are interested you can find her here.


Of course I colored her with copics, E000, E00/ E30, E31, E33, E34, E35, E37/E97, E99, Y11, Y21/B23, B41, B45/C1, C6.

The musical notes background paper is stamped using Gina K's Vintage Borders stamp set. The other paper papers are Magnolia papers that I have been hoarding...yes, I have been hoarding it for awhile. hee hee!

Tilda is standing on a cloud playing her beautiful Christmas music on her violin. The cloud is cutout using the MFT die-namic cloud trio die. The sentiment is from Gina K's Holiday Greetings stamp set.

I added some sparkle to Tilda's wings and the paper roses with fine baby blue glitter I picked up at a local crafting store. There is also a thick coat of crystal lacquer on Tilda's shoes.


I struggles a bit with my layout and was not sure if I liked it or not but after seeing the finished card I am rather pleased with the results.



Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your visits!

1 comment:

Becky said...

This is so pretty. I love the blues and the clouds are fabulous with this.